Thursday 7 August 2014

FOODIE: Restaurant Review - PEACHY KEENS

PEACHY KEENS


Located in Manchester's  'The Printworks',  Peachy Keens is perfectly situated within a 5 minute walk from the city centre (Piccadilly Gardens).

The Restaurant certainly lives up to it highly ambitious name meaning "wonderful" or "excellent". The all you can eat buffet is highly attractive, asthetically, however I am still unsure as to what relevance the Under Ground themed decor has to do with Manchester, but anyway! The restaurant offers a wide variety of pallet - Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Indian. There is definitely something for everyone.










So with that being said, my self and co set off to fill our dishes!


ROUND ONE:


Chinese vegetable noodles,egg fried rice, Somozas and chicken wings.  *I dont know what the sauce was*




YUM!

The noodles, somozas and rice were extremely good however, the chicken wings were in need of some serious fattening up and softening as they were very hard.
3/5

ROUND TWO:


We decided to venture to one of the live cooking demos at which the chef grilled many different meats to fit with your tummy's desires. We opted for grilled *maybe a little too grilled* peri peri chicken and pork chops. They were quite tasty.

3/5

ROUND THREE- PUDDING!!





I'm not going to lie, we opted for abit of EVERYTHING! (Chocolate mousse, orange jelly, apple pie, strawberry cheese cake, tiramisu and some caramel thing in that ear shaped dish)

All were delightful except for the caramel dish which tasted like rubber =[

4/5






ROUND 4:

I indulged in another chocolate mousse because they were
SO good! I also spy-ed chocolate profiteroles!! So of
course I indulged there too.

However, I was majorly disappointed that the two
gorgeous chocolate fountains had ran out of marshmellows.
Or so we pressume, we asked a member of staff but he
was majorly dismissive and we could not understand his
response. So i attempted to dip sweets into the fountain-
not to be recommended! lol.

2/5

OVER ALL- I would give the buffet a 3/5. The majority of what I tasted was majorly scrummy! If it not had been for a few mishaps, the rating would be a lot higher however, this could be easily improved! :)



Please like, comment, share
I would love to know any other restaurants you would recommend (or avoid! lol)

Cloz x

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious, the interior looks great too Chole! I have subscribed to your blog! If you have 5min to spare could you check out my blog? :)

    Rebecca | Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks delicious!
    I would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
    www.beataba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete