Monday 6 October 2014

REAL LIFE DIAGON ALLEY! Review: York Shambles Shopping

Hello everybody.

So recently after I visited the University of York for an open day, myself and my mother decided to venture into the City Centre for some late lunch and window shopping.

Once at the City Centre, it was there we discovered the beautiful,gorgeous,stunning (have I used all the common adjectives yet? lol) it was pretty ok? York Shambles.


(Unfortunately this is not the actual Diagon Alley. However, it wouldn't surprise me if J.K herself based the Alley on this place- they're so alike! What do you think?)






I LOVE  how it mixes the old with the new. At most Shopping Centres now, they're so convenient and modern that they lack soul. This is what I love about the shambles. With the likes of Topshop, H&M, Marks and Spencer...etc but also local family business such as the lovely pub we stopped in for food.
 







 Couldn't you just picture Hagrid and Harry popping out of those bricks there tho? too much? lol





















Imagine Christmas shopping here tho! Definitely going to come back in mid December (Expect a post) for a sense of PROPER Christmas Spirit!


 <-- A shot from way back when. Don't you find it mad how it hasn't really changed throughout the years??












RECOMMENDATION:

One of my personal favs (and by the number of chocolate/sweets/candy shops- many others') was all the quaint little Candy shops such as this:


















Lets just say our sweet tooth was well looked after on that day, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment